Friday, November 7, 2008

Update from Cheryl!!!!

I want to thank EACH and EVERY person on and off the prayer schedule that has prayed and continues to pray for me. From the way things went on the day of the surgery I could really feel the support. One instance in particular--when I got a CT scan that I didn't know I was getting and they had to tape my head down (I'm very claustraphobic), I thought I was going to "fall apart" but felt complete peace instead and was able to make it through! As well as wearing the steel frame on my head without any medication (until the time for surgery).

During the surgery, I experienced what it will feel like when the device is fully installed and working (there is still one more step before the process will be complete). It was an incredible feeling to know that without any medication, I could function and control my body movements without stiffness or shaking!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!!! The doctors promise that by Christmas, I will begin to experience the full effects of this procedure. What a great Christmas present! Thank you Lord!

As for recovery, besides a little headache and vomiting from some of the medications, things are going pretty well. Most amazingly, the doctor released me the day after the surgery! Wow! I'm back at home now, which is so much better than a hospital room.

I also want to point out the amazing support of the men in my family--at first my 2 sons had agreed to shave their heads with me, but now ALL the men in my family (including 2 grandsons) have shaved their heads as well! Now they can have cold heads too. :)

God is good and the family of God is very precious to me. To everyone who came to the hospital, to people who couldn't come but were praying, friends that have encouraged and supported me, even to people I have never met that have been praying---THANK YOU. No words could EVER express how grateful I am to each one of you. I love you all!

Love,
Cheryl

2 Comments:

At November 8, 2008 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Gapper Nest said...

Praising God !!!

 
At November 8, 2008 at 8:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

What great love our Father has for us! Praising Him with you for all He has done. <3

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home